A brass padlock is closely related to our daily life. Improper installation or use will have a certain impact on our lives. Now the common sense of installation and maintenance of brass padlock is introduced as follows:
One, the installation of the lock
1. Should hire an experienced carpenter or a master with considerable knowledge of locks to install. And according to the fixed-distance template in the product manual, drill holes, chisel the support socket, the lock plate, and the lockbox hole to prepare for installation.
2. Check whether the drilled hole is accurate, and strictly follow the steps in the product installation manual. If you find that the lock switch is inflexible or unable to open after installation, you should consult the product distributor or the technical service department and the after-sales service department of the manufacturer in time to solve the problem.
3. If there is no problem with the product installation and inspection, remove the product, wait until the door is painted and dry (it is recommended that it be more than two or three days), and then reinstall the lock. The purpose is:
Avoid the paint sticking to the lock product, which will affect the appearance and performance (often because the paint sticks to the lock and makes the transmission inflexible)
Because the chemical gas will corrode the product when the paint is not completely dry, it will accelerate the change of the surface treatment of the product, affect the appearance and reduce the service life of the lock.
2. Use and maintenance of locks
During the use of the lock, pay attention to its maintenance and maintenance.
1. Always keep the transmission part of the lock body with lubricant to keep its transmission smooth and prolong its service life. It is recommended to check once half a year or once a year, and at the same time check whether the fastening screws are loose to ensure the fastening.
2. When the lock is in use, regularly (half a year or a year) or when the key is not smoothly inserted, a small amount of graphite powder or pencil powder can be put into the lock core slot to ensure smooth key insertion. However, do not add any other oils for lubrication to avoid the grease sticking to the pin spring, causing the lock head to be unable to rotate and be unable to open.
3. Frequently check the fit-gap between the lock body and the lock plate, whether the height of the lock tongue and the hole of the lock plate is suitable, and the best fit between the door and the door frame is 1.5mm-2.5mm. If you find any changes, you should adjust the position of the hinge or the lock plate on the door. At the same time, pay attention to the cold shrinkage and thermal expansion caused by the weather (wet spring, dry winter) to ensure that the gap between the door and the door frame, the lock body, and the lock plate is reasonable, to ensure the smooth use of the lock.